WHAT IS IT?
Top Award / Research is the birthplace for new trends that develop in the most experimental and insightful environments in schools all over the world, giving students the opportunity to connect with the world and with professional dynamics.
Still in an experimental phase, this year it is dedicated to a selected short-list of graphic design universities.
HOW TO TAKE PART
Everything you need to know to enter your project:
- By 31 January 2022 higher education institutions must put forward 5 projects using the online form.
- By 18 February 2022 the Jury will evaluate the projects uploaded to the online gallery though a secret ballot. Only projects that receive at least 2 votes out of six will proceed to the next stage.
- By the beginning of March 2022 each institution will receive an e-mail to confirm whether or not the submitted project has been approved.
- By 31 March 2022, projects that have passed the first selection must send at least 2 physical samples of the product (no slides, no rendering, no photographic prints) – products will not be returned.
- By 31 July 2022 results will be sent to the interested parties at the email addresses provided during registration.
- By 30 September 2022 the list of finalists with images of the selected works will be published on the official website.
Only one project will be selected as the winner
Categories and Prizes
All entries must fall into one of the following categories:
- Publishing: books, volumes, magazines, art editions;
- Corporate Communication: brochures, product and service catalogues, financial statements, coordinated graphics, mailing, greetings and invitations, calendars, notebooks, planners, gift items and stationery;
- Packaging: boxes, cartons, shopping bags, counter displays, lined containers
There will only be one winner, regardless of category.
Requirements for approval of project registration:
- Fedrigoni Top Award invites all participants to submit their projects, regardless of the printing technique used.
- Entries must all have been produced during the 2020/2021 academic year.
- A title, a description of the project, some technical production data and a PDF of the project presentation with a maximum of six relevant images must be included.
- It is mandatory to have consent of all external, interested parties in the use of images and information provided.
- The nominated projects – which meet the award requirements – will appear in the “competing projects” section of the website. The page will be online from December 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: Fedrigoni reserves the right to reject any entry at its own discretion. Entries that are morally or ethically questionable, and/or offensive — whether intentionally or not — will be disqualified at the discretion of the award team
Prize and Prizegiving:
The announcement and prize-giving will take place during the inauguration of the exhibition in Paris in autumn 2022. Fedrigoni Group will cover travel, board and lodging expenses for 2 people, who will be invited to collect awards as Fedrigoni guests:
- The student who designed the project;
- The course lecturer within which the project was developed, or the thesis supervisor.
- The university from which the winning project comes will receive a supply of Fedrigoni papers for a total value of €2,000.
- The winning stunning student will have the chance to join the Fedrigoni Top Award 2023 Winner’s Choice Jury Day as observer.
- The projects selected by the jurors among the finalists will be exhibited during the exhibition in Paris
Acceptance of Top Award General Regulations:
On sending the documentation required to enter the Fedrigoni Top Award, participants:
- unconditionally accept and adhere to all terms and conditions laid out in these Regulations;
- declare under their own responsibility that they have exclusive rights to the projects in question. They also undertake to waive Fedrigoni SpA in the event of any disputes, claims or judgements relating to projects;
- authorise Fedrigoni S.p.A. to use and disclose company data and project documentation for the purposes of total or partial publication, in printed or digital formats, for any purpose whatsoever, even outside the scope of these Regulations, as well as for promotional and advertising purposes, provided that authors are mentioned.
PLEASE NOTE: No compensation is envisaged for this authorisation and participants will have no claims, including copyright, for the use Fedrigoni S.p.A. may make of the aforementioned documentation. Fedrigoni S.p.A. may not be held liable in any way for the use third parties make of photographs downloaded from the site;
- accept that submitted material will not be returned;
- will not hold Fedrigoni S.p.A. liable for any technical problems regarding linking and / or uploading of documents to the site www.fedrigonitopaward.com;
- will not hold Fedrigoni S.p.A. liable for cancellation, postponement or modification of the Fedrigoni Top Award;
- will not hold Fedrigoni S.p.A. liable for any theft, loss, delay or damage to works during transport;
- are aware that Fedrigoni S.p.A. reserves every right to implement any variation that might be required for the best execution of the Fedrigoni Top Award, as well as any request for integration of materials received;
- are aware that processing of personal data provided will be based on legal requirements, ensuring full protection of the rights of participants and for the purposes of these Regulations. Participants will be able at any time to exercise their rights, as per EU Regulation for the protection of personal data no. 2016/679/EU (GDPR), and as per Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 (access, correction, cancellation, opposition to processing of personal data), by sending a written request to Fedrigoni S.p.A. registered offices in Via Enrico Fermi, 13/f – 37135 Verona/Italy;
- agree that any dispute arising in relation to the Top Award should be subject to preliminary conciliation through the Verona Chamber of Commerce. Such conciliation will take place in Verona. If such conciliation fails, the dispute will be referred to the courts having jurisdiction.