The Fedrigoni Top Award invites entries from Designers, Printers, Publishers and End Users who have developed projects printed using Fedrigoni and Fabriano special papers or Manter adhesive labels in the period between July 2016 and June 2018.
Projects are divided into the following categories:
1) Publishing (category dedicated to Gianfranco Fedrigoni): books, volumes, magazines, art editions;
2) Corporate Identity: brochures, product and service catalogues, financial statements, coordinated graphics, mailings, greetings and invitations, calendars, notebooks, diaries, giftware and stationery;
3) Labels: labels for wine, spirits, gourmet foods (applied to containers) using the special Manter range;
4) Packaging: boxes, cartons, shopping bags, counter displays, lined containers.
Registration and next steps:
To enter one or more products/projects for the Fedrigoni Top Award, fill out the specific form by 10 June 2018 on the site www.fedrigonitopaward.com
Registration involves an initial step which asks for a title/description of the product, some technical production data and uploading of pertinent images (minimum one to maximum four photos).
These photographs will then be published in special sections of the website www.fedrigonitopaward.com and will consequently be visible to the public at large.
A special section of the website gives the general public a chance to vote for their favourite projects. The project receiving the most likes in this "popular" vote, regardless of the final decisions of the Jury, will also be displayed together with the other award-winning projects in each category and visible on-line.
By 15 July 2018, the 5 members of the Jury will assess the uploaded projects through a secret ballot. Only projects receiving at least 2 votes out of 5 will proceed to the next stage.
Subsequently, each participant will receive an e-mail notifying whether or not the submitted project has been approved.
If approved, you will be invited to complete the registration by filling out the form (attached to the e-mail) with personal/company data and details and all persons involved in the project (e.g. final customer, publisher, creative designer, printer) and then sending it by 30 September 2018 to Fedrigoni SpA - Marketing - Viale Piave, 3 - 37135 Verona / Italy together with:
a) at least 2 physical samples of the product. Products will not be returned;
b) if possible, brief notes explaining the project;
Products accepted and received will then be reviewed by the Jury during a meeting in person to assess projects before announcing the three best products in each category, complete with their final judgement.
An award will also be made in each category to the best project developed using HP Indigo technology.
On-line entries must be received by 10 June 2018.
The actual projects (no slides, no rendering, no photographic prints) must be received by 30 September 2018.
The Jury comprises a panel of international experts in the design, communication and production world. The Jury will then assess the projects received in each category based on criteria that highlight the originality of the graphic design, functionality, accuracy of execution and appropriate use of papers manufactured by Fedrigoni S.p.A.
Simon Esterson (Pulp /Eye magazine/UK)
Frank Goehrhardt (Taschen/Germany)
Jochen Kalb (Edelmann/Germany)
Hadar Peled Vaissman (HP Indigo/Israel)
Emilio Riccioletti (ERD Design/Australia)
The best projects will receive a symbolic Trophy and be exhibited at an Exhibition to be held in Berlin in March 2019.
HP Indigo (official sponsor of the Fedrigoni Top Award) reserves the right to award a "Special Prize" for the best project in each of the four categories printed using its electro-ink digital printing technology.
A Catalogue will also be published detailing projects earning awards and special mentions, which will be widely distributed on a qualified international scale.
Communication of decisions and Award Presentation
The results of the Fedrigoni Top Award complete with the best projects (including the project achieving the best score in the on-line popular vote) will be notified to interested parties by email and by surface mail by December 2018.
The list of finalists with images of selected works will also be published on the official website by 30 January 2019. The final rankings will be available on the official website only on the day after the Award presentation in March 2019.
The announcement of the best projects will be made during the inauguration of the Exhibition in March 2019. The following persons will be invited to collect Awards as guests of Fedrigoni S.p.A. for travel, overnight stay and board for the Prize-Giving Day:
- a representative of each customer company;
- a representative of each creative company;
- a representative of each printing (or stationery) company.
- the designer of the project earning the most on-line votes.
Acceptance of these Regulations
On sending the documentation required to enter the Fedrigoni Top Award, participants:
- accept and adhere unconditionally to all the terms and conditions defined in these Regulations;
- declare under their sole liability that they have exclusive copyright for the projects in question. They also undertake to waive Fedrigoni SpA in the event of any disputes, claims or judgments relating to projects;
- authorize Fedrigoni S.p.A. to use and disclose company data and project documentation for the purposes of total or partial publication in printed or digital formats, for any purpose whatsoever, even outside the scope of these Regulations, as well as for promotional and advertising purposes, provided that authors are mentioned.
No compensation is envisaged for this authorization and inasmuch participants will have no claims, including copyright, for the use Fedrigoni S.p.A. may make of the foregoing documentation.
Fedrigoni S.p.A. may not in any way be held liable for the use that third parties may make of photographs downloaded from the site;
- accept that submitted material will not be returned;
- will not hold Fedrigoni S.p.A. liable for any technical problems of as regards linking and/or uploading documents to the site www.fedrigonitopaward.com ;
- will not hold Fedrigoni S.p.A. liable for cancellation, postponement or modification of the Fedrigoni Top Award;
- will not hold Fedrigoni S.p.A. liable for any theft, loss, delay or damage to works during transport;
- are aware that Fedrigoni S.p.A. reserves every faculty to implement any variation that may be required for the best execution of the Fedrigoni Top Award, as well as any request for integration of materials received;
- are informed that processing of the personal data provided will be based on the requirements of law and correctness ensuring full protection of the rights of participants and for the purposes of these Regulations. Participants will be able at any time to exercise the rights as per Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 (access, correction, cancellation, opposition to processing of personal data) by sending a written request to Fedrigoni S.p.A. at it registered head offices in Viale Piave, 3 - 37135 Verona/Italy.
- agree that any dispute arising in relation to the Top Award should be subject to preliminary conciliation through Verona Chamber of Commerce. Such conciliation will take place in Verona. If such conciliation fails, the dispute will be referred to the Courts having jurisdiction.